Below are some interesting facts about Eternity Bands that you may not have known about.
- They are also known as an Infinity Band - as they symbolise never ending love.
- They are most commonly worn on the same finger as your Wedding and Engagement rings: they are worn on the ring finger as Egyptians believed a blood vessel ran from this finger directly to the heart, referred to as the ‘vein of love’.
- They are usually given as a Wedding Anniversary gift - from a one year anniversary to ten years.
- They date back nearly 4000 years to around 2000BC. Where Ancient Egyptians would gift these from husband to wife as a token of their love. They would often carve Eternity Rings out of bones, metal and beads.
- They can only be made by highly skilled Jewellers as they’re quite intricate designs. They are usually created by teams where each person focuses on specific parts of the ring, which they specialize in, to ensure the measurements for each diamond are perfect.
- Due to them being complex, they are quite difficult to resize. Unfortunately, a full coverage Eternity Ring cannot be resized, as there is no bare metal to add or remove.
- Eternity rings have multiple diamond coverage options: most common being full and half, although one-third, one-quarter and three-quarters diamond coverage are also available.
- Diamonds aren’t the only option to set in Eternity rings - you can set any type of gemstone into an eternity band.
- Bespoke is an option with Eternity Rings. You can design your own band, so it is unique to you or your partner.
To view some of our Eternity Rings, click here.
To view our Etsy Products, click here.
If you wish to contact us, click here.
Find us on Instagram @QualityDiamonds