According to media reports, Kim Kardashian received a 10-carat diamond ring for her engagement. Only ten carats, Kim? Most women wouldn't dare leave the house wearing less than 22.
Of course, unless you've got a few gazillion dollars lying around, it can be a bit tricky to keep up with the Kardashians. If your budget can't quite stretch to ten - or even two - carats, take comfort in these top ten disadvantages to wearing a big rock. And if that doesn't work, try ice cream (but not too much - think of the dress!)
- You're mistaken for an A-list celebrity and stalked by the paparazzi.
- You get ring fatigue: "Honey, I'm so tired, could you carry my ring for me?"
- You're blinded every time your ring catches the sun.
- You're inundated with lawsuits from passers-by you've accidentally assaulted hailing a cab.
- Your body starts sagging to the left when you walk.
- No one takes you seriously when you moan how the economic downturn has affected you.
- You're constantly plagued by magpies trying to steal your bling.
- Your betrothed says "it's only fair" when he buys a Harley Davison on his 40th birthday.
- Airline staff insist your ring counts as one item of hand luggage.
- Your friends secretly hate you. Forever!
All jokes aside, a bigger diamond doesn’t always necessarily make you ring better and it’s very expensive! When buying an Engagement ring, you shouldn’t feel the need to overspend! The thought of having to shell out for expensive engagement rings may have been putting you off taking this important step in your relationship. After all, there is considerable pressure from the media to spend a lot of money on such items. Indeed, it is often advised that consumers should hand over two months' salary or more.
The fact is, there is no need to purchase overly expensive diamonds. Of course, if you have the money and want to do so, that is fine. But, if you cannot afford such extravagant gestures, there are plenty of other rings to choose from that should be within your budget.
There is no point in spending all your money and even getting into financial difficulties simply to get a ring. After all, if she says yes, you will have a wedding to plan and these events do not come cheap.
These days, there are so many fantastic diamond engagement rings to choose from and, if you come to Quality Diamonds to pick up the items, you can rest assured you will benefit from excellent value for money.
Indeed, you should be able to buy the ideal piece of jewellery for much less than you think, and the process is simple too.
To see our Engagement rings, click here.
If you wish to learn more about our Bespoke services, click here.
If you wish to contact us, click here.
Find us on Instagram @QualityDiamonds