According to media reports, Kim Kardashian received a 10-carat diamond ring for her engagement. Only ten carats, Kim? Most women wouldn't dare leave the house wearing less than 22.
Of course, unless you've got a few gazillion dollars lying around, it can be a bit tricky to keep up with the Kardashians. If your budget can't quite stretch to ten - or even two - carats, take comfort in these top ten disadvantages to wearing a big rock. And if that doesn't work, try ice cream (but not too much - think of the dress!)
- You're mistaken for an A-list celebrity and stalked by the paparazzi.
- You get ring fatigue: "Honey, I'm so tired, could you carry my ring for me?"
- You're blinded every time your ring catches the sun.
- You're inundated with lawsuits from passers-by you've accidentally assaulted hailing a cab.
- Your body starts sagging to the left when you walk.
- No one takes you seriously when you moan how the economic downturn has affected you.
- You're constantly plagued by magpies trying to steal your bling.
- Your betrothed says "it's only fair" when he buys a Harley Davison on his 40th birthday.
- Airline staff insist your ring counts as one item of hand-luggage.
- Your friends secretly hate you. Forever!